Common Pest Control Myths Debunked
Don’t be fooled! There are plenty of pest control myths out there that sound like they may hold some value. But it’s time to debunk those myths and make sure you’re getting the proper help for your home.
Some common pest control myths debunked:
- Bug zappers will help my mosquito problem. Everyone loves a good zap, but you may be attracting other bugs besides mosquitoes — while the mosquitoes run rampant on your property. Mosquitoes don’t actually care about the bright light, and are much more attracted to you and your family members.
- My home is clean, so I don’t have to worry about pests. Just because you have a clean, organized home doesn’t mean you’re invincible. Many pests like bed bugs and flies need blood to survive. While a dirty or unorganized home may give pests more space to hide, keeping a clean home will never fully eradicate a pest issue.
- I can treat a pest issue on my own. We’re all for empowering you to get handy and fix some problems around your home… Just not when it comes to pest control. In order for an insecticide or treatment to work as intended, it’s important to know what kind of pest you’re dealing with and how to best deal with them. That’s where a pest control company can come in handy. Here’s why DIY projects can actually be dangerous.
- I only need to call a pest control company if I notice a problem. The best kind of pest control is preventative, not reactive. If you don’t have a reliable pest control technician that treats and inspects your home regularly, there’s no telling what might be taking over your home.
- It’s just a season; these pests will go away soon! Ignoring a pest problem is a great way to end up with a total infestation. If you see a pest (even just one), it’s best to call in for backup early to prevent infestation.
Have pest questions? Ready to get started with a pest control company you can rely on? Let’s talk!