DIY Tips to Help Eliminate Pests
When it comes to preventing pests in your home, the best thing you can do is call in the pros. But there are also some DIY projects you can do as a safety net to keep your home totally pest-free.
Plus, who doesn’t love a good DIY project?
Here are a few DIY projects you can start today to eliminate pests!
Create a chore list.
- Cleaning your home can be one of the best things you can do to keep the bugs away. That’s why creating a chore list can help keep you and your family on top of it (while having fun!).
- Trash cans, pantries, fridges, and freezers need to be cleaned out, paying special attention to spills or crumbs left behind. Here’s a great tutorial to help you stay organized.
Build a birdhouse or bird feeder.
- Birds are bugs’ number one natural predator, so attracting them will help keep your yard naturally pest-free.
Build a garden.
- Everyone loves a good garden, but it can also keep your yard safe! There are plenty of plants that can help repel bugs in your yard. Basil can kill mosquito eggs, and lavender can ward off flies, moths, and mosquitoes.
- Check out this list for more bug-repelling plants to include in your garden.
Make tiki torches.
Need some help keeping those critters out? Contact us!