Don’t let the ants go marching one by one into your kitchen! Ants can be such a nuisance, especially during the warmer months of the year. Ants love moisture and food, so your kitchen is the perfect place for them to camp out if you don’t take the proper precautions.
• Keep Food Tightly Sealed: The more crumbs and food remnants in your kitchen, the more ants you’ll encounter. A good way to keep the ants away is to store your food in airtight containers and wipe down the counters often.
• Wash Countertops Regularly: Whether you’re rushing out the door after a sticky pancake breakfast to get to work or your kids made a mess at lunch, and you don’t have a minute to clean it up until later in the day, we know how hard it is to keep the kitchen clean. But ants love sticky countertops and crumbs! The best way to keep them at bay is to make sure you’re wiping down your counters regularly.
• Use Homemade Repellents: There are a few natural, DIY ways to keep ants at bay. One of the best methods is vinegar ants hate the smell of it. Try wiping down your counters with a mixture of half water and half distilled vinegar. Another natural means for keeping these little critters out of your kitchen is using peppermint oil or cinnamon powder.
• Seal Your Trash: Again, ants love food sources, so they will be attracted to your trash scraps. Keep your trash can tightly sealed, and make sure to take it out regularly.
• Remove Standing Water: Ants and most pests love standing water, so make sure to wipe up spills and wash your dishes often.
If you’re still having trouble with keeping ants out of your kitchen, feel free to reach out to us, and we will help you get to the root of the problem and eliminate them!