4 Ways to Quickly Pest-Proof Your Home
Looking for a few pest control tips to get rid of those bugs and pests that can’t seem to stay outside? While we recommend calling in the pros to help with any problem, there are a few things you can quickly do at home to prevent bugs and other pests from invading your space while you wait on the pros.
These things can also help you gather evidence to show the pros what’s been hanging around so they can provide you with the best help possible!
- Put sticky traps out. Insect magnets and glue traps take barely any time to set up and will keep insects like ants stuck in one area and easy to clean up.
- Clean the kitchen. If you take a few minutes every day to make sure all dirty dishes are cleaned and the counters are wiped down, you have a lot less chance of attracting bugs. Try wiping your counters down with vinegar which removes the odor trails made by foraging ants and can keep any future foragers from finding their way around your kitchen.
- Vacuum once a week. This simple trick will suck up those creepy crawlers that found their way indoors and will buy you some time while you wait on the pest pros to come to your rescue!
- Take trash out regularly. Bugs aren’t the cleanest creatures, and they’re attracted to any food they can find — even in the trash. Make sure you’re taking your trash out regularly, and always keep a tight lid on top of your trash cans.
- Install a door sweep. Putting these in under your doors can prevent unwanted pests from squeezing through the gap between the floor and the bottom of your door.
Even though these tips can be successful in ridding your home of pests, they are temporary solutions. Contact us and let us help you keep your home pest-free all year long!